In this crucial time, students need supportive parents who can mentor, challenge, and encourage them to reach and exceed their full potential. We thank all parents in advance for all the endless hours of support you’re going to put to make online learning successful.
To help parents, here is a quick list of basic dos and don’ts every parent should follow to make the online school classes a success.
How You Can Help – What to Do
- Motivate your children to attend the online classes in the same spirit as they attend school.
- Ensure that your child has taken the bath, had to breakfast before attending the classes.
- Provide a dedicated place for the child to attend online classes without disturbance.
- If you do not have a spare computer, then share your phone with your child to help connect with teachers in the session.
- Explain to your child why this is important, talk about the Coronavirus epidemic and basic safety measures.
- Follow the time table shared by the schools diligently and assist the teachers for they too are trying hard and face similar concerns as you do during this period of Lockdown.
- Social distancing is important during this time but staying in touch with other students/parents via virtual communication is very important to clear doubts.
Need to Avoid – What Not to Do
- Don’t interrupt your children while they are attending online classes and not more than one person should sit with your child to mentor her/him.
- Don’t think that just because your child using a digital platform to attend online class is the substitute for revising or learning. Let them re-read, learn, or practice what they told in the video.
- Don’t criticize online classes or school efforts. Criticizing online lectures may demotivate them.
- Don’t keep the phone busy during scheduled times. Ensure that the Don’t Disturb (DND) feature is active during the classes.
Points to Remember
- Maintain interrupted data connection or sufficient data if using a smartphone.
- Don’t let your child ‘skip’ the online classes or suggest that everything would be repeated once the school reopens.
Take the printout of the following saying, “there is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent” and paste it on the wall of your kid’s room.
For more details or inquiries regarding online classes, kindly contact us at 8978784784 or drop a mail at email@example.com
Stay Home – Stay Safe